Sunday 12 May 2013

Les Miserables

   What you don't know about me is that I adore acting, I just love it SO much. So combine my love of acting with my love of Les Miserables and I have a perfect combination! So, when my school announced that our next show would be Les Mis I was jumping up and down in my seat! Now, if you don't understand the beauty that is Les Mis then that's fine. But for me the show is a sign of hope and general amazingness. Play a ten second clip of some of the music I could tell you the song it's from and the next line.
   I wasn't expecting to get a lead, the year thirteens are amazing so they were obviously going to get them. But, I was lucky enough to be part of the ensemble.There was a lot of stress, and I mean a lot, it's going to be stressful trying too put o a show stopper. There were a lot of innovative ideas, about staging etc. One idea regarding the orchestra came from the sound engineer person: due to the lack of space on the stage if we were going to have barricades etc, it meant the orchestra had nowhere to play. The sound engineer suggested that they played in a few classrooms down from the auditorium. This was a big idea, that we were all worried about - what if there was a technical hitch, would we be. Able to see the musical director to cue us in?? However, there were more positives than negatives: we had more room for set as the orchestra weren't taking up room and the sound people could have more control over the pitch of the music. Don't worry though, we had screens at the back to see the MD!
   So after a tense few months and a whole half term of rehearsing; a flashmob and a few dodgy assemblies to publicise the show, we finally put on the performance that everyone in the school is still talking about. Of course we had a few teething problems, like you always do but on the final night it was amazing!!!!! We had standing Os every night, and lots mod tears were shed at the end. What made this production even more amazing was the fact that it was the year thirteen's last show as they are leaving. This meant that obviously we put tons of effort in, as we didn't want their last memories at School to be rubbish!
 I thought I'd show some
  I thought I'd enlighten you with some of the amazing reviews :)
"Amazing, much better than the film!"
"If there was such thing as the school Oscars, this would have won!"
Well yeah, I just thought yo may like to hear about it, apologies for no photos my computer decided to be annoying!

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment